JUUL Labs was founded with the goal of improving the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers. We believe JUUL is the first viable alternative for adult smokers. Smoking is bad for your health, and those who don’t currently use nicotine products should not start.
We recognize that smoking alternatives continue to be the subject of debate. We welcome dialogue, debate, and data. Below are several JUUL Labs perspectives on these topics:
JUUL creates an aerosol to activate ingredients using a regulated heating element instead of using a flame. In order to make switching for adult smokers as easy as possible, we focus on simplicity and satisfaction:
- JUUL features a temperature regulation system that ensures consistent delivery and avoids combustion. This means that whether you inhale in short puffs or deep draws, the vapor is always at, and never above, the ideal temperature.
- JUUL is designed to be as easy to use as combustible products, in order to make switching as convenient as possible.
- We use only the highest quality manufacturing materials and flavor ingredients.
- Unlike other alternatives on the market, JUUL accommodates nicotine levels akin to a cigarette’s in order to satisfy smokers switching.
- We are constantly researching and innovating to find better ways to meet the needs of adult smokers.
Regulation and Public Policy
We support reasonable regulation of nicotine products and comply with all relevant laws and regulations.
We share public health concerns about cigarettes; in fact, they constitute our company’s mission. We did not create JUUL to undermine years of effective tobacco control, and we do not want to see a new generation of smokers. We believe JUUL can accelerate cigarette displacement.
We are committed to understanding JUUL’s performance and impact. Incorporating the latest research from leading scientists in the field drives our innovation.
We want to be part of the solution to end combustible smoking, not part of a problem to attract youth, never smokers, or former smokers to nicotine products. We invest our time and resources in new ways to deliver JUUL exclusively to adult smokers, and we welcome discussions on this topic.
Underage Use Prevention
Minors should not use any nicotine product, including ours. JUUL was created for adult smokers of legal age only. Recent science raises concerns about adverse effects of nicotine on adolescent neurodevelopment and we take the prevention of underage use very seriously.
Here are just a few of the steps we’re taking at JUUL Labs:
- Our ecommerce platform utilizes industry-leading ID match and age verification technology to make sure minors are not able to access and purchase our products online.
- We market our products responsibly, following strict guidelines to have material directed exclusively toward adult smokers and never to youth audiences. (Please read our Marketing Code below for more.)
- We support effective legislation and regulation to prevent the purchase and use of our products by minors.
- We demand reseller terms that include monitoring and penalties for noncompliance with underage restrictions.
- We are committed to continually finding and evaluating new ways to strengthen our efforts to prevent the use of our products by minors. We welcome opportunities to collaborate and engage with the community on these issues. If you share our concerns and would like to speak with someone at JUUL, please contact email@example.com.
We adhere to strict guidelines to ensure that our marketing is directed toward existing adult smokers.
- JUUL is a nicotine product intended for adults of legal purchase age.
- JUUL is not appropriate or intended for youth.
- JUUL is not intended for former smokers or never smokers.
- JUUL is a switching product. JUUL products have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- We do not feature images or situations intended for a youth audience.
- Our campaigns depict appropriately aged models.
- We do not use cartoons, caricatures, or other designs aimed at attracting minors.
- We ensure responsible placement of our product designed to limit exposure to an underage demographic.
- Product sampling complies with all federal and state regulations.
- We support and comply with all federal and state regulations to prevent sales to minors. This includes stringent third party age verification for online sales.
Smokers should have access to scientific research and opinions. Here are several links that offer a variety of perspectives on both the technology and the industry:
- ASH U.K. Fact Sheet
- The Food and Drug Administration
- Tobacco Free Kids
- Truth Initiative
- The Washington Post
- The Wall Street Journal
We invite you to submit articles for review and inclusion on our site by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.